Reg:: Error While Replacing Office-365 Licenses

Hi PowerShell Experts,

Greetings!!

Please help us for my scenario as below.

--> Our client requessted us to replace the "STANDARDWOFFPACK_STUDENT" and "OFFICESUBSCRIPTION_STUDENT" licenses with "STANDARDWOFFPACK_IW_STUDENT" license. Hence, we are trying to execute the below PS command to replace the licenses. During this process, we are getting the followed error screen always.

PS C:\Madhu> Get-MsolUser -MaxResults 1 | Set-MsolUserLicense -RemoveLicenses "orgname:STANDARDWOFFPACK_STUDENT", "orgname:OFFICESUBSCRIPTION_STUDENT" -AddLicenses "orgname:STANDARDWOFFPACK_IW_STUDENT"

Best Regards,

Madhu

May 27th, 2015 11:00pm

Did you follow the instructions?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 28th, 2015 12:23am

Hi Jrv,

Yes, i have cross checked the AccountSkuID and updated the script as below.

PS C:\>Get-MsolUser -MaxResults 1 | Set-MsolUserLicense -RemoveLicenses "orgname:STANDARDWOFFPACK_STUDENT", "orgname:OFFICESUBSCRIPTION_STUDENT" -AddLicenses "orgname:STANDARDWOFFPACK_IW_STUDENT"

But, unfortunately still I'm getting the same error.

Error:

Set-MsolUserLicense : The license "orgname:STANDARDWOFFPACK_IW_STUDENT is
not valid.  To find a list of valid licenses, please call the Get-MsolAccountSk
u cmdlet.
At line:1 char:49
+ Get-MsolUser -MaxResults 1 | Set-MsolUserLicense <<<<  -RemoveLicenses "orgname:STANDARDWOFFPACK_STUDENT", "orgname:OFFICESUBSCRIPTION_STUDENT
" -AddLicenses "orgname:STANDARDWOFFPACK_IW_STUDENT"
    + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [Set-MsolUserLicense], MicrosoftOnlineException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.InvalidUserLicenseException,Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.SetUserL
  icense

Could you please help us.

Best Regards,

Madhu

May 28th, 2015 3:26am

Hi Madhu,

This error indicate the wrong license input, please enter the value of the AccountSkuID in the Get-MsolAccountSku cmdlet , please also refer to the script below:

$license = "orgname:STANDARDWOFFPACK_IW_STUDENT"
Get-MsolAccountSku|where {$_.AccountSkuId -eq $license}
 For more detailed information about assign O365 license, please go through these articles:

Assigning a license to a user

Adding license options to an existing user with Powershell

I also recommend you can post in the Office 365 Forum for more effective support.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/148.aspx

If there is anything else regarding this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2015 6:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics