Refresh available templates in certmgr.msc?
Is there any way to refresh the certificate templates that are cached when you manually add a policy server to the certmgr.msc? Everytime I update a template on the CA server the certmgr on my Windows 7 machine cannot see the new template until I remove the policy server and re-add it...even then it doesn't work all the time. Thanks!
August 21st, 2010 9:56am

there are two caches: 1) client cache. You can delete this cache by deleting the contents of the folders: user policy: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\X509Enrollment computer policy: %allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\X509Enrollment 2) server cache. on the CEP server open IIS manager -> Default Web Site -> CEP application -> Application Setting and create a RetryIntervalMs application setting and set it to something like 300000 (5 min). This value determine how frequently CEP refreshes template and CA information. The time is set in milliseconds, so avoid to set too small values (less than 1000), because this makes overhead to IIS and AD servers. http://en-us.sysadmins.lv
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2010 9:15pm

That is what I was looking for - Thank you!! That RetryIntervalMs is cool, I didn't even know the service looked for that setting.
August 22nd, 2010 5:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics