Reducing getting started pop ups with RDS

I just recently started using RDS applications with my VMware Horizon Server.  The applications work fine but I have a question regarding first time usage of an application.  When I open an office application or any application via RDS, the user has no profile information so they get a variety of pop ups like getting started, turning on microsoft updates, etc.  Is there anyway to hide these pop ups from occurring on first login?  What is the best way to optimize how the application starts up for first time users?

Thanks in advance.

September 2nd, 2015 5:46pm

Not familiar with VMware Horizon Server but the first use popups sound like you are getting temp profiles when logging in. Do you use UPD? You might want to check your session host(s) server for TEMP users or username.000 or the like. That would indicate you/users are being assigned temp profiles at login
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 5:53pm

No, they are getting normal profiles.  The getting started questions only happen once, after that, their profile knows that they have already hit ok on the various windows.  What does UDP stand for?
September 2nd, 2015 7:13pm

No, they are getting normal profiles.  The getting started questions only happen once, after that, their profile knows that they have already hit ok on the various windows.  What does UDP stand for?

UPD = user profile disk

Are you are you seeing this with remoteapp or desktop sessions?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 7:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics