Redistribution Rights/License for Windows Server 2008 R2 VHD Trial version
Trying to find information on the ability to use a trial version of Windows Server 2008 R2 in VHD form with a pre-packaged trial version of my product. Can I redistribute trial versions of a VHD in this scenario?
July 8th, 2010 11:48am

Hello Tim Hodgson, Please look at the trial version’s EULA. Afaik: No You could contact a Microsoft representative in your region for further information. Best regards, HarryThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 8th, 2010 11:58am

Hi, For licensing questions, please contact your local Microsoft Customer Service: http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/ Tim Quan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 8th, 2010 11:47pm

Hi Tim, Were you able to get an answer from Microsoft on trial version redistribution? Regards, H
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 19th, 2012 1:34pm

Unfortunately, no. When I did ask a person in customer service, they didn't understand my question. Out of frustration, I simply gave up. This type of scenario would be ideal for server applications, as it would allow ISVs to simply hand-over a turn-key solution to potential customers, who might in turn buy a license of Windows Server.This is a signature.
July 19th, 2012 2:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics