Redirected folders and Outlook 2010 POP
I am going to be setting up a new Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server as domain controller for about a dozen domain computers running Windows 7 Pro SP1 32bit with Office 2010 I would like to setup Redirected Folders but I know that Outlook 2010 puts the user .pst file in their documents folder for POP email which will create all kinds of problems with redirected folders. I know I can also manually move their .pst files but that would not solve the problem when Outlook created .pst archive files. What I want to find out is the best way for Outlook 2010 to by default use a location not in the user's documents folder. I know the Office 2010 Group Policy templates have that capability to do that and if so what happenes to existing .pst files. Will they be moved automatically or only new files created?? Anyone use Group Policy to do such and if so does it work well?? Thanks! Steve
May 19th, 2011 11:26am

Hi, According to the following thread, .pst files are not recommended to save on the network location. Windows 7 / outlook PST folder redirection http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officesetupdeploy/thread/074d6bca-15c4-40e1-b101-cd24fef749a7 For more information regarding where to save Outlook 2010 POP email .pst files, you’d better submit a new question to Microsoft Office forum which is the best resource for you. In this forum, the community users are familiar with the Outlook related issue. Microsoft Office for IT Professionals http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com . Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 20th, 2011 3:33am

I don't want them to be on a server share. I just don't want Outlook to create .pst files in the user's My Documents folder. Thanks. I will try the other forum.
May 21st, 2011 9:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics