Redirected Folders Can Be Deleted From Client/Terminal Machines. Help Please.
Hello. I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server with Windows 7 Pro Clients. I am currently testing "Redirected Folders" Which works fine. However, the clients are able to delete these "Redirected Folders" Music/Videos/Documents ect. Im sure I have missed a permission somewhere. Could someone possibly help me? Below I will details how I have things setup. * Active Directory > Profiles > User (Part of a group called "Redirected Profiles") * Group Policy set for Redirected Folders to \\Server\Profiles\User * The "Profiles" folder is shared via the network and given "Full Access" Share permissions to the "Redirected Profiles" group containing the User from AD/Profiles.
January 10th, 2011 4:33pm

What's the current permission settings on \\server\profiles folder? Whether you chose the "Grant user exclusive rights to Documents" option? You can try to remove "Delete Subfolder and files" permission for domain users on \\server\profiles folder so that users will only have full control permission on redirected folders.Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2011 1:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics