Red-Gate vs ApexSQL

Hi,

Could someone please advise about the tools Red-Gate and ApexSQL...  Ideally I would like to understand between these 2 tools which is great one for Auditing, Monitoring, Logging, Compare database structures ....and many more features.

Alternatively please also suggest if you think there's any good tools other than the above if you are experienced with.

Thanks.

• Edited by SAP User 21 hours 7 minutes ago
July 30th, 2015 6:02am

Hi SAP,

Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of the third party tools.  For ApexSQL and Redgate issues, I would recommend you post the question in Redgate forums or ApexSQL forums to get better support. And you can also review the following blogs to get more information about them.

ApexSQL Diff 2012 vs. RedGate SQL Compare 10 performance: the results are in (Part 1)
Comparative Review: Database Schema Comparison Tools

In addition, to audit and monitor SQL Server instance, I recommend you use SQL Server audit, Microsoft's SQL Server Profiler, Microsoft's Activity Monitor,  Microsoft's SQL Server Database Engine Tuning Advisor and so on. To  compare database structures, you can use SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).

Thanks,
Lydia

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2015 10:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics