Recycler virus/trojan is located in school server
As a student our school has been infected with the recycler virus. I have talked to the administration and all the will do is mask the problem. The virus was mobile only C:/ and flash drives but has implanted itself in the main server. The school uses lightspeed and AVG both of which do not recognize it. I have told them that avast would rid of it yet still no avail. The virus was introduced last year and the servers were wiped during the summer but yet it remained on the flash drives and has crashed the server once and cut connectivity with other servers e.g. teacher was not able to load youtube. If there is a way to rid of this at this state it would be appreciated due to nearly two thousand students data at risk. The school uses microsoft xp sp3 on all computers. Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum but seemed the closest to bug problems. Also has merged with the apple 2g shuffle core due to eating it last year. If try to access website from home comes up as harmful website.
December 2nd, 2010 7:26pm

Virus/Trojan on Recycler for almost 2 years on School? I doubt what the administration team is doing there... If you have proof(or logs) to find that you still have virus/trojan on school server, I would directly talk to principal.. or someone higher than administration team.. To treat this virus, you also have to delete some registry key directly.. which I think you can't do it directly to school server. Use tools such as Malwarebytes to remove all trojans at safe mode. "Everything we do is dictated by motive."
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2010 7:49pm

I have no clue but they downgrade to xp from 7 for more compatible software and indirectly deal with this. Would it be possible to retrieve it after a format to obtain the code segment data. Also the student portion of the server was wiped over the summer and it has progressed twice as fast as last year. I will suggest this to the tech administration in hopes of salvaging what is left.
December 2nd, 2010 7:56pm

For trojan/Virus, it is possible. Since the virus you mentioned uses Autorun.ini to spread, (that means plugging USB or any other read/writable device to infected computer will infect USB and so on..) The School has to check every USB Thumb drive, and make sure they use a stronger Antivirus Program.. such as McAfee, Kaspersky.. Norton or some other great Antivirus Programs."Everything we do is dictated by motive."
December 2nd, 2010 8:07pm

Suppose it is able to run rapid since nothing will be done what would happen? Any suggestions please put up. Also does it seem somewhat funny that a simple virus as this is able to take the school server? also would you know of of a portable version of listed antiviruses excluding McAfee. Also Avast is known to get rid of it so if you have knowledge on how to make it portable it would be greatly appreciated. Sacrifice one and save a server it seems like a good trade off. Also the website was considered dangerous through Google Chrome on windows 7 home premium-32bit for more information the site is www.nacs.k12.in.us .
December 2nd, 2010 8:12pm

Are you sure that is the right Website? I think it seems to be.... hacked or changing.. http://www.nacs.k12.in.us/ only gives <html><body><h1>It works!</h1></body></html> there are some portable free antivirus programs.. but most Antivirus program company do not make portable app. You can try Kaspersky Rescue Boot CD or try one of those free ones. http://cybernetnews.com/cybernotes-best-portable-antivirus-software/"Everything we do is dictated by motive."
December 2nd, 2010 8:40pm

hmm well when I accessed it first thing was the red vulnerable site to stop the end-user. Also would the anti-virus be sure to remove the virus? (sorry but risks are rarely taken when dealing with mass of data.)
December 2nd, 2010 8:57pm

I suggest running the malicious software removal tool, linked off my IT site home page. Get the admin here. Elected! Your votes and support have got me my 2010 MVP! Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews
December 2nd, 2010 9:43pm

sorry link please
December 2nd, 2010 9:45pm

See my IT site, second one is my IT site. Elected! Your votes and support have got me my 2010 MVP! Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews
December 2nd, 2010 9:46pm

will try just have to be able to use on an infected machine and approve it with the tech administration.
December 2nd, 2010 9:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics