Recent installed patches not shown in the add remove program
Hello, Iam having a critical problem. I have 2 Windows 2003 cluster. Both nodes dosent show the recent installed windows patches on ADD or Remove programs. Wht can i do for this ? Regards
January 10th, 2011 8:41pm

Hello, have you checked that the KBxxxxxx logifle exist on the servers? Any errors in it after install?Why is this critical for you?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 10th, 2011 11:45pm

IS there any way to find these patches installed or not ? regards
January 11th, 2011 8:31am

Hello, have you checked that the KBxxxxxx logfile exist on the servers, see under C:\windows for it?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
January 11th, 2011 10:30am

i cant see any KBXXXXX log file in C:\windows ?
January 11th, 2011 10:33am

Hello, it seems that now updates are installed then or the files are removed. You can search the registrey, there fore open Start, choose RUN and type "regedit" without the quotes and look under: HKLM\software\microsoft\updates\windows server 2003\SP3\KBxxxxxxxBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
January 11th, 2011 12:08pm

Hello Sunil, Did you follow this article while installing the patches. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;174799 Thanks.
January 11th, 2011 12:38pm

Another good practise of checking if the patches have been deployed would be to check the "eventvwr", in here under system you definately should be able to find the installed patches, regardless of the them showing up in the Add/Remove programs
October 30th, 2011 2:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics