Reboot of Server 2008 causes L2TP to stop working
Hi, We have (had) a windows 2008 server which prior to a reboot yesterday was happily allowing VPN access via L2TP. Since the reboot (and with no other changes), remote connections can no longer be made to the server using L2TP. It was working with certificates rather than a pre shared key, and I am loathe to go back to using a pre shared key. Instinctively it feels as if some service or other isn't running, but the documentation on this area seems to be somewhat arcane. I've restarted policyagent and rras, but this has not had any effect at all. I'd welcome any advice that anyone has - not really sure what the best way to solve this one is. Regards Phil
August 25th, 2009 2:30pm

hi,It might be problem withwindows firewall which denying to access..Regards,Ajaj
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2009 3:20pm

Thanks for the reply, but I do not believe the firewall to be the case; l2tp works with pre shared keys, so I'm pretty certain its a certificate problem rather than a firewall problem. I can also replicate the problem on an internal lan with no firewalls anywhere. Regards Phil
August 25th, 2009 3:52pm

Update - I've now got this working again by deleting copies of certificates on the server. (For ref, there were two copies of the CA certificate in the trusted CA store; an additional copy of the same in the machine store). regards Phil
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2009 7:13pm

Thanks for posting a solution...Regards,Ajaj
August 26th, 2009 12:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics