Realtek WFI (WLAN) Driver for win2008R2
Hi I have a laptop to with the Realtek RTL8192SE WIFI adaptor. This enjoys great support under Windows 7 however, windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) won't even identify it - the WLAN feature is installed BTW. Anyone got around this with another driver ( or perhaps an additional external WIFI adaptor)? Cheers Daniel
September 16th, 2010 2:22pm

Hi Daniel, Thanks for post here. Could this WIFI device be recognized in Device Management on window server 2008 R2? Meanwhile , I suggest you might like to use some third party software to verify if this device could be recognized by operation system. My personal recommandation that you might take look Everest, it might help you to achieve the goal. http://www.lavalys.com/ I also know that in some laptops model ,devices should be enabled by install some software that laptop vendor published. You might consult with laptop vendor to get further suggestion. Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 17th, 2010 6:03am

Tiger, Thanks for your help. Yes, I will give Everest a go. I have previously used Belarc Advisor for identifying all hardware and software patches. In my case the laptop in question is a Samsung R780 which had no problems when I installed win764-bit ultimate. I will have hunt and get back to you
September 21st, 2010 12:48pm

Tiger Unfortunately, this is looking as a lost cause: Samsung have told me that they do not support Realtek RTL8192SE WIFI adaptor running under Windows 2008 wrt to my Latptop Windows 7 64-bit does not support this either out of the box. Only on installation of the relevant driver e.g. WLAN_Realtek_64bit_1676.1.0622.2009 Realtek does not offer anything either for wifi under win2008 http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers/wireless_networks/companies/realtek/models/rtl8192se/page/1/index.html So I guess Win2008R2 with Hyper-v running on my laptop with wifi support is a bit of aspiration...;-(
September 23rd, 2010 1:49pm

Hi Daniel, Sorry to hear that. However ,My personal opinion is that the driver software that support for windows 7 might could also support for windows server 2008 R2 ,please try manually install it . http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=48&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#2301 Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 24th, 2010 5:10am

Tiger Li I had previously tried a few Win 7 drivers but without success. The windows 2008 R2 Hyper-v VHD has started crashing following a Microsoft update so If I can recover I will give it a go. Most of my dev work can be achieved via Win 7 on i3 Laptop with 4GB of RAM. I think I would need to upgrade to realistically run 8GB to run Hyper-v. Guest VMs. Still it's worth running with your suggestion. I will let you know the outcome.
September 28th, 2010 1:02pm

Tiger Windows 2008 R2 64-bit is now working with the Realtek rtl8192SE WIFI Adaptor. It was embarrasing simple as the answer was in front of me all the time. I created a new win2008R2 64-bit bootable VHD In the Features dialog I enabled the WIFI LAN service Installed the following windows 7 drivers: WLAN_Realtek_64bit_1676.1.0622.2009 + Mavel MiniPort driver LAN_11.22.3.3 Networking and WIFI worked immediately. I am guessing I must have previously, either done steps 2 or 3 in in the wrong order or with the wrong drivers! Hope this is useful to someone... Daniel
December 7th, 2010 6:29pm

Hi, Great! thanks for sharing your experience with us,I believe this is helpful for someone who also encounter this issue. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 7th, 2010 7:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics