ReFS lost after crash

I have a partition of ReFS on the same RAID configuration in which i have a NTFS and this one. Once the system crashed reporting some error about some driver i dont recall which one and then when i rebooted the ReFS partition is lost.

I cant use CHKDSK because it says ReFS partitions dont need to be checked and i want to get my information back, what can i do?

PD: The partition has 1800GB of sensitive information

February 12th, 2013 3:22pm

I am not sure why you lost your ReFS partition or how to get it back, but I would be interested to know why your server crashed as I am dealing with unexpected Server 2012 crashes.  It would be interesting to know if your crash was caused by the same thing mine is caused by.  My crashes are being caused by the vhdmp.sys driver.  Do you know what yours was caused by?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 12th, 2013 4:59pm

I think it was e22w8x64.sys my Killer e2200 driver, but i'm sure if it crashes again it won't be because of that... Anyway i'm stuck

I used www . reclaime . com and it found my partition but it gets stuck after 3.65%

February 12th, 2013 5:29pm

Do you have a backup of the partition you can restore?  I know restoring 1.8TB might take a while, but might be easier than struggling with trying to recover the lost partition.  At any rate, good luck with your recovery.
February 12th, 2013 5:54pm

No i didnt have backup as i was just testing ReFS and i thought it said Resilient file system
February 12th, 2013 6:07pm

So, I boot into windows and I can't access any files while exploring some folders. I reboot.The label is now "Local Disk" and the partition is "uninitialized"(it says raw health in computer manager)

WTF? Resilient my butt! I too always found it odd why you couldn't check for errors and such. Even if ReFS is as great as some people want to make you think, at least knowing what is going on with the drive would be nice. (I don' t know why MS has to head down this road of preventing the user from knowing whats going on... we aren't all morons, regardless what Bill Gates says!).

So, is there any way to get back the data? My guess is that the partition sector some how got corrupt. All the data should be there though! The net shows several of these drive by "recovery" apps that claim to work... anyone try?

(BTW, there are a few partitions on the disk that work fine. This is the last partition)

September 1st, 2015 12:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics