Re-Activate work item notification comment field

I'm trying to create a notification for when a work item is re-activated.  I have the notification itself working but I cant figure out how to get the Comment that analyst puts in when they activate the ticket to show up on the notification, I am not sure which field it is.

Does anyone know?

Thanks much!

Jim Matz
JSJ Corporation

August 31st, 2015 2:37pm

Are you accomplishing this through a workflow or through Orchestrator?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 3:17pm

Using Workflows.  I have the template setup but I'm just not sure what field that Activate comment field is so that I can add it to the Template.
August 31st, 2015 3:19pm

According to the structure of the database, you want the ActionLog class and the Comment is in the field "Description", the kind of record entry field is "Title", and who made the log entry field is "EnteredBy."

If you want to see this directly, here's the query for the CMDB:

select *
from dbo.Relationship as rel with (nolock)
join dbo.RelationshipType as rtype 
	on rel.RelationshipTypeId = rtype.RelationshipTypeId
join dbo.MT_System$WorkItem$TroubleTicket$ActionLog as ttlog
	on rel.TargetEntityId = ttlog.BaseManagedEntityId
where rel.SourceEntityId = '918D97AF-43B8-F3CD-C3DB-BF9F6ED65E3E' -- BaseManagedEntityId of your Incident
order by rel.TimeAdded

• Edited by Foothill1 11 hours 18 minutes ago
August 31st, 2015 3:59pm

Hi,

You must use Trouble Ticket Action Log (System.WorkItem.TroubleTicket.ActionLog) class both notification templates and subscription.

If you want to get activate status comment. select description property of that class on notification template.

If you want to send notification only when incident changes to activated status, select Trouble Ticket Action Log   class on subscription then select "When an object of the selected class is created" option on general tab.

After configure criteria tab like below,

Frat

August 31st, 2015 5:05pm

According to the structure of the database, you want the ActionLog class and the Comment is in the field "Description", the kind of record entry field is "Title", and who made the log entry field is "EnteredBy."

select *
where rel.SourceEntityId = '918D97AF-43B8-F3CD-C3DB-BF9F6ED65E3E' -- BaseManagedEntityId of your Incident
order by rel.TimeAdded

• Edited by Foothill1 Monday, August 31, 2015 7:58 PM
August 31st, 2015 7:57pm

select *
order by rel.TimeAdded

• Edited by Foothill1 Monday, August 31, 2015 7:58 PM
August 31st, 2015 7:57pm

Hi,

You must use Trouble Ticket Action Log (System.WorkItem.TroubleTicket.ActionLog) class both notification templates and subscription.

If you want to get activate status comment. select description property of that class on notification template.

If you want to send notification only when incident changes to activated status, select Trouble Ticket Action Log   class on subscription then select "When an object of the selected class is created" option on general tab.

Frat

• Edited by Firat YASAR Monday, August 31, 2015 9:06 PM
  • Proposed as answer by Adam Dzak 13 hours 29 minutes ago
  • Marked as answer by JimMatz 11 hours 48 minutes ago
August 31st, 2015 9:03pm

Hi,

Frat

• Proposed as answer by Adam Dzak Tuesday, September 01, 2015 5:47 PM
  • Marked as answer by JimMatz Tuesday, September 01, 2015 7:28 PM

Hi,

Frat

• Proposed as answer by Adam Dzak Tuesday, September 01, 2015 5:47 PM
  • Marked as answer by JimMatz Tuesday, September 01, 2015 7:28 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone.  Firat I will check out that Trouble Ticket Action Log 
September 1st, 2015 1:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics