RRAS Issue after trying to get VPN working
Hi. Got myself a real issue with RRAS at a site. I was trying to get a users VPN working on a Windows 7 machine...was having no luck and after much monitoring decided that the issue must be in RRAS. I right clicked the server in RRAs and chose disable Routing and remote Access. I then tried to re-enable it and it came up with a message regarding affecting a policy...which I accepted. From this point on no domain PC could see the server and had no access to the internet. From the server I could not even ping the local router or machines. I went through all of the wizards again which seemed to go round in circles a bit and never really got me back working. Tghe i turned off the RRAS service in services.msc and the PC's we now able to see the server again and use exchange and internet. So I restarted the RRAS service and again internet went down on all PC's, Exchange too and server network share access, the server could not ping the router and gave "General Failure". I have disabled RRAs for now but need to get this back working as it was. Can anyone suggest a resolution (please no guesses as this is an important machine) and Wizards do not help. I know I need to configure directly in RRAS so could do with an expert taking this one up for me please..... I know that whatever i need to do will effect access so i will need to do it out of hours..... Thanks for all the help in advance
November 4th, 2010 1:40pm

in your RRAS configuration have you enabled basic firewall ?Edoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 5th, 2010 8:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics