RRAS HELP NEEDED Windows 2003
I have a windows 2003 VPN SERVER(RRAS). I want my remote vpn clients to connect to only one server instead connecting to the whole Network. Example If I have a network of 192.168.1.0 then I want my user to connect specifically to 192.168.1.10 server instead connecting to the whole network or other servers on the network.
October 3rd, 2010 10:16am

Do not use DHCP to give the server a pool of addresses. Allocate a static pool in a different IP subnet (eg 192.168.11.0). If you do not enable IP routing on the RRAS server, the remote client will see only the RRAS server. The LAN machines will be in a different IP subnet and therefore unreachable. Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 3rd, 2010 9:02pm

Hi Sabresquad, Thanks for posting here. Yes, set a IP address that different segment from internal network for remote connection would help you to isolate the connection. In addiction with Bill’s suggestion, you might also like to set static routes for a remote connection to restrict only the internal addresses could be accessible, and also enable route feature on RRAS server . Configure static routes for a dial-in user http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc728159(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 4th, 2010 4:38am

I would advice you to use the static ip filters and create a rule in RRAS. It should definately work. Make it sure that you click "control Access Through Remote Acess Policy" in the active directory dialin properties of the users.http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 5th, 2010 3:14am

Thanks Syed it worked for me :)
October 5th, 2010 3:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics