RRAS - No new router interfaces are available for addition
After configuring RRAS as a NAT with two network adapters in a test environment I moved the server to the LAN and 'lost' the network adapters. They showed them as new hardware with no changes to the server. The two network adapters are re-configured and working except no interfaces are available to form the NAT. I removed and reinstalled the Role, but it didn't help. In the registry I can see: HKLM/Sytem/CurrentControlSet/Control/Network The Original Installation of the adapters: Name: Internet, DefaultNameIndex: 0 | Name: Local Area Connection Named DefaultNameIndex: 2 The New Installation of the adapters: Name: LAN-Private, DefaultNameIndex: 3 | Name: Internet-Public, DefaultNameIndex: 2 How do I fix this? What do you think happened?
May 9th, 2011 11:59am

refer to the article: http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=241257 and remove the ghost device from Device Management Console. Re-start or re-install RRAS service, and see if the problem can be resolved. TimGod Bless!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 9th, 2011 10:45pm

Brilliant. A solution right before me, but in no way obvious. Thank You James!T.L.Cary
May 10th, 2011 9:34am

btw, why is it not possible to add any new adater in to RRAS without actual ( reset of rras services )? is there any way to add addapter ? the problem is that after reset the RRAS it is doesn`t want to accept any VPN domain users on RRAS.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 14th, 2012 2:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics