RRAS - No new router interfaces are available for addition
After configuring RRAS as a NAT with two network adapters in a test environment I moved the server to the LAN and 'lost' the network adapters. They showed them as new hardware with no changes to the server. The two network adapters are re-configured and working except no interfaces are available to form the NAT. I removed and reinstalled the Role, but it didn't help. In the registry I can see: HKLM/Sytem/CurrentControlSet/Control/Network The Original Installation of the adapters: Name: Internet, DefaultNameIndex: 0 | Name: Local Area Connection Named DefaultNameIndex: 2 The New Installation of the adapters: Name: LAN-Private, DefaultNameIndex: 3 | Name: Internet-Public, DefaultNameIndex: 2 How do I fix this? What do you think happened?
May 9th, 2011 6:59pm

refer to the article: http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=241257 and remove the ghost device from Device Management Console. Re-start or re-install RRAS service, and see if the problem can be resolved. TimGod Bless!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2011 5:45am

Hi Customer, Thanks for posting here. In addition to Chen, have you ever reinstalled the NIC on your server? Please reboot your server, then enter F8 and go into Safe Mode, and remove the NIC in Device Manager. Then reboot server to reinstall the NIC to see how is everything going. If it can’t fix the problem, would you mind reconfiguring your RRAS settings? I think your issue happened because the RRAS console files were saved on your server, and it didn’t recognize the network adapters settings that had changed on your server. Please do the following steps to reconfigure your RRAS settings. Note: It will reset all the RRAS settings on your RRAS server. Please backup your RRAS settings first. How to backup RRAS configuration to text files: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754998(WS.10).aspx 1. Administrator tool > Routing and remote access > Routing and remote console to select your server name 2. Right click > Disable routing and remote access 3. Open RRAS > File > option > delete file 4. Restart system and reconfigure your RRAS server Best Regards James Zou
May 10th, 2011 9:09am

Brilliant. A solution right before me, but in no way obvious. Thank You James!T.L.Cary
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2011 4:34pm

btw, why is it not possible to add any new adater in to RRAS without actual ( reset of rras services )? is there any way to add addapter ? the problem is that after reset the RRAS it is doesn`t want to accept any VPN domain users on RRAS.
May 14th, 2012 2:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics