RMS Problem
I am running xppro and we have 2003 server software on our server. RMS was running fine until recently where I am now getting an error everytime I trying to open a protected document. The error is: "Unexpected error occurred. Please try again later or contact your system administrator". I don't know what to do as I am not the person who installed the rms. I did have one other time we were denied access to the files and the steps below were what solved it. In this case it doesn't appear to be a licensing issue as I followed the steps below with no success. Super user is enabled and I am set up as a member of that group. Previous instructions from my old IT guy who has since gone back to school for his masters:Start --> programs --> Windows RMS --> RMS admin. The problem was the "licensor certificate" had expired. I don't know much about this, but it took two mouse clicks to fix it. From the main RMS page (click the above link). I clicked on the bottom left link (administer, etc). From there, a rather obvious red message told me it was expired, and offered a "renew" button. I hit it, told it "automatic/online" and 2 seconds later it (should be) fixed. Then1. Logon to a given computer 2. browse to c:\documents and settings 3. You're going to see several folders, titled after people's names. Each folder contains the following folder which must be removed or renamed. 3.5: DON'T do this to the 'default users', 'network service' or 'all users' folders. You can skip the administrator folders; they don't really do anything. Provided Brian agrees, you can also skip folders named for people who don't work there anymore, or who will never want to use RMS. Brian, on your computer you only need to worry about your own profile. 4. Go to c:\documents and settings\<someone>\local settings\application data\microsoft 5. Find the folder called DRM. Rename or delete it. 6. Go back to step 4 and repeat for every folder in c:\documents and settings
December 13th, 2009 2:56am

HiThis link may help you....http://blogs.technet.com/rmssupp/archive/2009/12/11/cannot-open-office-2003-documents-protected-with-rms.aspxRegardsRajesh J S
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 13th, 2009 7:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics