RMS (Rights Management Services) in Windows Server Longhorn
Hi, Is RMS in Windows Server Longhorn available ? Can you test itwithout purchasingRMS CAL's (Client Access Licences) ? I'm asking this because I found that you cannot testan RMS scenarioin aWindows Server 2003 if youdo not purchaseRMS CAL's(about $37 each user). The only way to do it is to install a new Windows Server 2003evaluation version (180 days) for that purpose, and test the RMS service using evaluation CAL's. My question is if we have the same RMS evaluation functionalities in Windows Server Longhorn, so we do not need to purchase RMS CAL's in order to test that service. Thanks in advance, Jaume Suol, from Barcelona, Spain.
November 29th, 2006 1:23am

The RMS functionality in Windows Server "Longhorn" is not complete - it will be Beta 3 before you can do full testing on it, but you will not need to buy CALs to test the pre-release version. Also, the RMS client is built into Windows Vista if you want to test using that.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2006 8:07am

Hello, Windows Server Longhorn will include the next generation of RMS, it's Active Directory Righr Management Service "AD RMS", it's intergrated with Active Direcory. you canevaluate the AD RMS on windowslonghorn beta 2 I hope this was helpful for you Best Regards, Sherif Talaat
December 7th, 2006 12:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics