RESTORING PROBLEM in ssms 2012

Hi all,

I was running 2008r2 file in 2012, so restoring was giving a problem. i tried doing it in XMLA as wee, but was not able to. why??

and the error msg was:

"Error during backup and restore: An error occurred during the restore / synchronization: The applied occurrence versions are incompatible."
  (Microsoft.AnalysisServices)

what is the solution for it, guide me how to rectify the problem.

Thanks

Ran

August 27th, 2015 5:30am

I was running 2008r2 file in 2012

Hello,

you can not restore a newer SSAS database Version to a older Version of SSAS; you have to re-deploy the SSAS solution to your 2008 R2 Server.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 6:11am

Hi Ranjan,

Just as Olaf said, you cannot restore greater version DB on lower version environment.

For a multidimensional database, the CompatibilityLevel property value is not visible in script or tools, but it corresponds to databases created in SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, or SQL Server 2008 R2. Any database that does not have CompatibilityLevel explicitly set is implicitly running at the 1050 level. 1100 is the default value for new databases that you create in SQL Server 2012.

Setting the database compatibility to a higher level is irreversible. After you increase the compatibility level to 1100, you must continue to run the database on SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services or later. You cannot rollback to 1050. You cannot attach or restore an 1100 database on a server version that is earlier than SQL Server 2012.

Reference:
Set the Compatibility Level of a Multidimensional Database (Analysis Services)

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

August 28th, 2015 2:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics