RECOVER DELETED OBJECT

HI,

HOW CAN I RECOVER DELETED OBJECT IN AD USING POWERSHELL without Recyle Bin because my forest functional level is windows server 2003. SO i can user Recycle Bin..

i know i can recover from LDP and Authoritative restore but i want to use powershell command....

Eg..

OU name=ABC  >>> and 100 Users in ABC OU

if ABC OU deleted Accidently how can i recover it.... i have tried From LDP but we need to recover every single object in LDP...

Anybody know how can i recover ABC OU in SIngle Time.... and Recover All Users....

THanks

September 9th, 2015 5:00am

If you have the Recycle bin enabled you should be able to use the Restore-ADTree.ps1 script. Look it up in Technet Script Center.

.\Restore-ADTree.ps1 -LastKnownRDN ABC -Verbose

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 5:38am

HI, 

I have mentioned our domain forest functional level 2008 r2. so i can not enable Recycle Bin.

I want to recove from powershell command with Group Memebership.

THnaks

September 9th, 2015 6:01am

>>without Recyle Bin because my forest functional level is windows server 2003

In past versions of Windows Server, without Active Directory Recycle Bin, you will have to use authoritative restore command to mark objects as authoritative to restore it. It had to be performed in Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM). So we are not able to do it using powershell like what you do with Active Directory Recycle Bin enabled.

>>Anybody know how can i recover ABC OU in SIngle Time.... and Recover All Users....

Actually, with authoritative restore, you can choose to restore a "subtree" instead of "individual object" (for example, an organizational), which will also restore all child objects:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc757068

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eth

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 1:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics