RDWeb Connect to a Remote PC

I would like to get rid of the secondary popup shown above when a user chooses to connect to a Remote PC.   If I can't get rid of it I would like to have it default to enable all of the redirection check boxes.  I have already enabled these in IIS \ Application settings and they are showing enabled n the Connect to a Remote PC screen as shown, the secondary popup is redundant.

September 8th, 2015 5:20pm

Hi,

The warning prompt shown in your screenshot is expected when using Connect to a remote PC tab.  The reason is the .rdp file is dynamically generated on the client and thus is not signed by a trusted publisher.  As a security precaution the user is prompted to make sure they want to allow the server to access their local devices.

There is no built-in method to change this behavior without custom changes to RDWeb.

-TP

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 4:46am

Hi,

Well if I can't get rid of it I would at least like the settings to work.  Even though audio is selected in the above graphic it wasn't passing through.  I figured out how to enable it in the Desktops.aspx file on the RDWeb server by adding these entries: 

RDPstr += "audiomode:i:0\n";

RDPstr += "audiocapturemode:i:1\n";

What I can't figure out is how to make the Drives and Plug and Play devices passthrough without having to check the boxes manually each time.  I tried adding those in the same file but it's not working.   Do you know if there is particular placement in that file to get those to work?

Cathy

September 9th, 2015 9:28pm

Hi Cathy,

The end-user has to manually select those options each time as a security precaution, since the .rdp file is unsigned.

-TP

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 12:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics