RDS is busy, session has ended.

Hello all,

I am having a little random issue and was hoping someone has ran into this before. I have a RDS 2012 R2 deployment with 2 RDCB's in HA mode. I have 30 desktops in a pool configuration. I have 14 physical windows 8.1 stations setup to use the desktop pool. by setup I mean they are in kiosk mode and directed to the rdweb server. These are the only 14 stations that get used for accessing the pool and the entire RDS environment from a user stand point.

I had a user login to the rdweb from one of the 14 stations and when he clicked to launch the desktop her got the following message:

" The task you are trying to do can't be completed because Remote Desktop Services is currently busy. Please try again in a few minutes. Other users should still be able to log on."

With the above message is an ok button. Once the user clicks the OK button they get a black screen with the following message:

"Your Remote Desktop Services session has ended.

Another user connected to the remote computer, so your connection was lost. Try connecting again, or contact your network administrator or technical support group."

Now the thing is that this user was the only user of the RDS system no other users were logged into the system. I have looked over the event logs and I have not found anything out of the ordinary yet.

Thanks,

Scott

June 24th, 2015 7:25pm

was this user reconnecting a disconnected VDI session or can this be reproduced by a new session connection as well?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 7:58pm

There were no session on the system. I have a service that logs off all disconnected sessions after 2 min of a sessions being disconnected.
June 24th, 2015 8:08pm

Hi Scott,

It seem is the known bug and Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.

The details KB:

Internet Explorer Kiosk mode freezes and a black bar appears at the top of the screen in an RDP connection

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3037197/en-us

Im glad to be of help to you!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 10:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics