RDS Windows 2012 R2 Print PDF to PDF Issue

Hello everyone,

I am having some issues with my Acrobat 9. The issues is that I have a user that working on a fillable document and when he is done he is printing to PDF so that it secures the document and cannot be changed. The issues is that Acrobat 9 is not allowing this to happen anymore. When the user prints a fillable PDF to PDF he is getting this error message, When you create a PostScript file you must rely on system fonts and use documents fonts. Please go to the printer properties, Adobe PDF Settings page and turn OFF the option Rely on system fonts only; do not use documents fonts. Now this has be done and we get another error message which is Acrobat could not open doc name because it is either not a support file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasnt correctly decoded. To create an Adobe PDF document, go to source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF. The system that we are using is a cloud based environment which runs on Microsoft 2012 R2 RDS. We have disabled our Anti-Virus on the server and we can now print a PDF to a PDF but it is different than before. Now when we print a PDF to PDF it works but we receive a Post scrip file that must be opened. After opening the post scrip file it becomes a PDF but it produces a text file with random Characters. Any thoughts on this? If anyone has any suggestions it would be a big help.

Thank you.  

August 28th, 2015 10:08pm

Hi,

To me it seems more like an Adobe Acrobat related issue. 

What is changed before the issue occurs, such as upgraded client systems, reinstalled printer driver etc. We may need some more information for further suggestion.

Also you can try to contact Adobe for this issue. If it is a common issue, Adobe may have a quick solution for it. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 1:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics