RDP stops working and files disappear
I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 server. It has a lot of drive space and multiple partitions. I am up to the "Y" drive. A few weeks ago I ran into an issue. I have an application on the server that accesses the data in the partitions, and it was having trouble finding data on one of the partitions. I tried to RDP into the server (which is never a problem) and it wouldn't work. No error message, no prompt for a username and password. I just hit "Connect" in RDP, the buttons gray out, and then they came back. I physically went to the server and logged in and went to the drive with the missing data. There were only a few hundred folders in the partition, whereas there should be been about 30,000. I refreshed and saw the number of folders increase. Eventually, all the files came back. Then data started going missing off of another drive. The drive still showed as full, but there were only a couple folders, again they started coming back. I rebooted the server, and finally RDP worked and all the files were back. 6 days later, it happened again. I opened a ticket on the RDP issue with dell, but they weren't able to tell me what was wrong, they had me run some connection cleanup script and reboot, which of course fixed it. 6 days later, today, it's happening again. RDP no longer works and I have data disappearing and coming back. Has anyone ever had this kind of problem before?
April 19th, 2011 8:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics