RDCMan VM console connect resolution?

I feel like I am missing some really small setting but I can't figure out how to configure connection screen size / resolution when using RDCMan 2.7 and VM Console Connect? If I use RDP connect it fills full window but if I use VM connect it is just 1024x768. If I use Hyper-V Manager to VM connect I can select size but that doesn't seem to affect RDCMan connection. Any hints on what I am missing?

Brian

April 24th, 2015 12:42pm

If you connect to the console you don't get full video support.  RDP is the preferred connection method for Hyper-V VMs. The console is designed for the initial setup and installation, after that you'll want to use RDP for the best experience.

Use RDP with RDCMan to connect to your VMs.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 24th, 2015 2:52pm

Yes, as stated, RDP direct to the RDP Server Service running in the VMs for full fidelity.

The VM Console uses a proxy engine and is limited resolution.

April 24th, 2015 6:22pm

Thanks, I thought with Enhanced mode between W8.1 / 2012R2 was essentially the same as RDP other than RemoteFX? Guess I will just stick with RDP. My one annoyance is using W10 VM via RDP I don't have an easy way to do restart like I do via VMConnect. The choices on power drop down are different in the two scenarios currently.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 24th, 2015 6:41pm

Send an Alt+F4 into your VM...

(the RDP command for this escapes me at the moment)

April 24th, 2015 6:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics