RCDC - UocIdentityPicker - Search Scope combination

Hi

I have this UocIdentityPicker which i'm trying to make a little more user friendly.

<my:Properties>
                <my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="{Binding Source=schema, Path=MailboxAccessAdd.Required}"/>
                <my:Property my:Name="Mode" my:Value="SingleResult" />
<!--                <my:Property my:Name="ObjectTypes" my:Value="Group"/>-->
                <my:Property my:Name="ColumnsToDisplay" my:Value="Email" />
                <my:Property my:Name="AttributesToSearch" my:Value="Email" />
<!--                <my:Property my:Name="UsageKeywords" my:Value="Group"/>-->
                <my:Property my:Name="Value" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=MailboxAccessAdd , Mode=TwoWay}" />
                <my:Property my:Name="Filter" my:Value="/Group[(ObjectID = /Set[ObjectID = 'e2c2876a-a8c2-4727-a728-9ed0bc345ad3']/ComputedMember) and (ObjectID = /Set[ObjectID = 'd775f51e-6b5f-48e7-8040-e9f8e355b49f']/ComputedMember) and (ObjectID != /Person[ObjectID='%ObjectID%']/MailBoxAccess)]"/>
                <my:Property my:Name="ResultObjectType" my:Value="Group"/>
                <my:Property my:Name="ListViewTitle" my:Value="Select only one entry here." />
                <my:Property my:Name="PreviewTitle" my:Value="Entry selected:" />
            </my:Properties>

The above is the XML and it works and it results in this;

UocIdent

What i really want, is to be able to search in the picker box.

If i uncomment;

<my:Property my:Name="ObjectTypes" my:Value="Group"/>

i am then able to search, but then the filter is no longer applied.

Any idea's how to make the filter applied?

March 11th, 2011 1:08pm

Why not use a UoCListView control instead? That has a built in search scope control
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 11th, 2011 3:53pm

What if you did a search scope / usagekeywords combination, and moved the filter you are specifying in the RCDC over to a search scope? That way you can have a few search scopes made just for this picker

Does setting the filter property eliminate the serach bar on the top of the picker, or just setting the object type?

March 11th, 2011 10:25pm

OK, so i'm going for the solution with the search scope. The search scope just doesn't support removal of the objects thats all ready i the destination attribute. But i can be OK with that...

I have tried to define what search scope to use with this;

<my:Property my:Name="UsageKeywords" my:Value="FileShare"/>

and i have a search scope with that UsageKeyword. The above results in;

and this; 

<my:Property my:Name="UsageKeywords" my:Value="Group/>

results ind the belov

How to make this search windows use my scope and only my scope?

March 17th, 2011 12:29pm

So i'm kind of thinking that the;

<my:Property my:Name="UsageKeywords" my:Value="FileShare"/>

is the sort of right, but i might need some permissions to use the scope, i just don't remember having to create MPR for scope usage.

March 18th, 2011 10:35am

Correct, users will need rights to Read the scope and any object returned in the scope including the attributes you list in the ColumnsToDisplay as well as the ObjectID and ObjectType even though it may not be displayed. It's typically ColumnsToDisplay + any attributes in the query filter.
March 19th, 2011 7:15am

Your last example was the same one I used. There's a lot of flexibility in how this dialog is displayed, you just need to try all the combinations and see which one is what you need.

Might be something good to write an article about

March 19th, 2011 7:26pm

"Filter: This is an optional string property. The user provides an XPath expression to scope the resource picker to display only the items that fit within a defined scope. This property is mutually exclusive with the UsageKeywords property (above). When the search scope is applied, this property has no effect." 

Use either the search scope properties or Filter; not both.

July 1st, 2013 10:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics