RAID5 Array does not show up under disks

I have a server connected to two raid arrays. 

Each raid array is configured as RAID5.

After bringing up Windows 2012 with the raid arrays attached; I went to Server Manager and found one of the arrays under disks and was able to configure it as a GPT partition.

However; the other RAID5 array was not in the list of disks.  I found it under Storage Pools.

Why is Windows 2012 not showing this as a disk that I can configure as a disk?  I don't want to use this RAID5 array as a storage pool.

How can I get this RAID5 array to show up under disks...where it should have been in the first place?

July 19th, 2013 9:54am

I have a server connected to two raid arrays. 

Each raid array is configured as RAID5.

After bringing up Windows 2012 with the raid arrays attached; I went to Server Manager and found one of the arrays under disks and was able to configure it as a GPT partition.

However; the other RAID5 array was not in the list of disks.  I found it under Storage Pools.

Why is Windows 2012 not showing this as a disk that I can configure as a disk?  I don't want to use this RAID5 array as a storage pool.

How can I get this RAID5 array to show up under disks...where it should have been in the first place?

Are both arrrays the same? Physical RAIDs? Or Windows software parity RAIDs? 
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 20th, 2013 2:36am

It's more likely a hardware related issue. If it is a hardware RAID, try to upgrade firmware of the RAID controller to see the result. 
July 20th, 2013 11:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics