Questions about a project and pursuing a career in BI using the MS BI Stack
Hello all,

I recently succeeded to pass both MCTS 70-448 and MCITP 70-452 exams after one year of continous learning, starting from scratch, having a lot of enthusiasm, building and destroying many times a SQL cluster on my home laptop, and having no experience with data warehousing, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS at first. :-)

One week after passing the last exam I started thinking about how I could apply everything I learned in a real project, different from the all-to-wellknown AdventureWorks as I am thinking of starting a career in the BI field. At my current job I have no real BI project/data warehouse to work on and I do not forsee a data warehouse showing up soon (or any project on the BI part).

So, my questions are:

- do you have any idea if and where I could join as a volunteer in my spare time, for example, in a Microsoft BI Stack project?

and

- do you have any idea of a project idea I could start with and in the future I could present it as part of my portfolio? (for switching jobs and getting into the BI field, for example)

Please let me know if anything is not clear to you and I will provide any information needed.

August 7th, 2013 3:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics