Question public DNS
I have myDNS direct zone authoritative under my control. I created the PTR in the reverse zone for my domain, but I worked well until my ISP has created in their area around. My question: If I am the primary DNS, authoritative, etc. .. that has not worked and had to speak to the ISP? Thanks
July 24th, 2009 11:00pm

Hello,don't know if i understand your problem. You have your own domain, like mydomain.com, with it's own DNS server in the private ip range, 10.x.x.x, 172.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x and your ISP has created a pointer to it with the same domain name mydomain.com? Now you have problems to access your internal webbrowser or access the internet from all machines.For internet access create FORWARDERS under the DNS server properties in the DNS management console with the IPSs DNS server and use only the internal domain DNS server on all NICs of your computers.If the internal and external domain names are equal configure an A record with the name www and point it to the internal web server.If this do not apply please correct me.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 24th, 2009 11:53pm

I explained poorly. I have an external DNS (not AD) with my zones created, all on Windows 2003. Imagine a domain in the direct zonel (empresa.com)I think the MX, A records, CNAME, etc. .. I think in the reverse ptr on mail server. Well I do not work correctly. If my ISP is created in your DNS PTR all this begins to work correctly, so my question is, for the reverse is true in an external DNS?. Thank you.
July 25th, 2009 11:28am

Hello,so you like to create a record for your mail server from the external DNS server to an internal mailserver? Therefore, if i understand you correct with my explanation, you need a delegation or something else in the firewall/router between the external and internal network that points to the mail server.But it is not easy for me to understand what you are trying to achive.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2009 4:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics