Question on email subscription regarding Change Requests

Working on an email subscription to remind users periodically that they have a Change Request that is On Hold. Question is on the criteria section. One of the criteria is "Last Modified". I am using a relative date with a value of [Now-30d]. What does this actually mean? Is it talking about the actual number of days or the actual date?

For example, using the criteria, "is less than or equal to [Now-30d] for the Property "Last Modified", what am I actually saying? Am I saying the last modified date is less than or equal to 30 days or the last modified date is prior to 8/21 which is 30 days from today going backward?

August 19th, 2015 10:56am

Hi,

This blog might be give some inspiration:

Create View for Incidents that have not been modified in last 7 days

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/02/17/create-view-for-incidents-that-have-not-been-modified-in-last-7-days.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 4:41am

Thanks. Still a bit confusing but it looks like it is just talking about the actual date. Using today as an example (the 20th) [Now-20] is August 1 so if the criteria is less than or equal to [Now -20] and a CR was last modified on July 31, then it would fit the criteria because July 31 is less than August 1. That's the way I see it anyway.
August 20th, 2015 2:52pm

Thanks Firat. Your Runbook was great but unfortunately there was no easy way to determine the last modified date with the Runbook. I resorted to an email Subscription and it was so simple to set up and it works. I would prefer to use the Runbook because we want to start automating our tasks using Orchestrator but the subscription took all of 5 minutes to set up.

I schedule the subscription to run every 7 days from within the subscription itself using the Recurring Notification option. For "When to notify" I select "Periodically notify when objects meet the criteria".

With this configuration, the subscription runs every 7 days, looks for Change Requests on hold that have not modified in the last 30 days and sends and email to the Assigned User.

August 21st, 2015 8:03am

Thanks Firat. Your Runbook was great but unfortunately there was no easy way to determine the last modified date with the Runbook. I resorted to an email Subscription and it was so simple to set up and it works. I would prefer to use the Runbook because we want to start automating our tasks using Orchestrator but the subscription took all of 5 minutes to set up.

I schedule the subscription to run every 7 days from within the subscription itself using the Recurring Notification option. For "When to notify" I select "Periodically notify when objects meet the criteria".

With this configuration, the subscription runs every 7 days, looks for Change Requests on hold that have not modified in the last 30 days and sends and email to the Assigned User.

• Edited by shadowtuck Friday, August 21, 2015 12:03 PM
  • Proposed as answer by Firat YASAR Friday, August 21, 2015 9:14 PM
August 21st, 2015 12:01pm

Yes runbook diffenetly it is not an easy way. I didnt sahre the link for runbook solutions. I shared the link for the marked answer. Anyways you already found the way :)
August 21st, 2015 5:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics