Question on Trust Distinction
What is the difference between a) creating a two-way, external trust for both sides of the trust and b)creating a one-way, outgoing, external trust for both sides of the trust? I saw these options in the article below and I'm not understanding the distinction: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782912(WS.10).aspx
November 22nd, 2010 2:22pm

If you have two domains, and you create a one-way external trust outgoing in each domain, in essence you have created a two-way external trust between both domains. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 22nd, 2010 3:26pm

As an additional note just to make sure you are clear, if you create an outgoing trust, an incoming trust has to be created in each domain to match the outgoing trust. If you manage both domains, this operation can be done from each side if you are logged in with an account that has access in both domains by creating a two-way external trust. Otherwise, you'll need to do this from each domain.Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
November 22nd, 2010 4:14pm

I thought if OrgA wanted OrgB to have access to its resources an admin in OrgA only needed to create an external one-way trust for OrgB. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
November 22nd, 2010 4:19pm

OK, I see. OrgB needs to create the incoming to activate. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779840(WS.10).aspx Thanks
November 22nd, 2010 4:21pm

Correct. Sorry, I didnt mean to through you off with my first response. What I posted is correct, but just left out the detail regarding the incoming trust which would be very important to know if you didnt manage both domains. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
November 22nd, 2010 5:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics