Question about accessing User Accounts in Windows Server 2008 from the network.
I'm using Windows Server 2008 at home as a fun little side project. It's my first time using it, and I'm trying to basically set up a way for different users to login and access their files without using Active Directories. What I want is to be able to click the server in the network connections, have it prompt for a username and password, then to show that User's directories: (Documents, etc). They should be able to manipulate them, erase them, etc. I do not want to dump all files into a public shared folder. Any way to set this up? At the moment when I click it, it goes directly to display a printer that I installed, and that's it.
March 1st, 2010 9:40am

Hi,You may consider sharing the Document folder for all users.For more information, you can refer to the "Sharing a Folder or Printer in Windows Vista" in the following article:File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspxIt can apply to Windows Server 2008.Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2010 6:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics