Question about Win2008 R2 IE8 Security zone
This issue related the Internet Explorer enhanced security Start - adminstrative Tools - Server Manager - in Right pane Under Security Information - configure IE ESC - then check box off for administrator and user as you want you can now control security zone Mohamed Abd Elhamid Abd Elaziz Microsoft System Administrator Abdul Samad Al Qurashi Co.
September 19th, 2011 6:19pm

Download the .adm file from the link and import it to a GPO. Here are the detailed steps: 1. Right-click a GPO and select Edit. 2. Expand Computer Configuration\ Policies, right-click Administrative Templates, and then select Add/Remove Templates. 3. Click the button Add, and then double-click the adm file to import it. 4. After that, you should see the item Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) underAdministrative Templates. 5. Expand the item, and then you can configure the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration policies accordingly. After applying the settings don't forget to run gpupdate /force command. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 19th, 2011 10:02pm

The Win2008 R2 Server is a Domain Controller.Both IE SEC been turn Off for Administrator and Users Somehow I get this in Internet Explorer 8 Security zone User: Administrator. Internet is set to high, but no level slider. Restricted sites = high Local Intranet = Medium-Low, Trusted sites = Medium, no level slider. These 2 zones can change level. -How come the slider to set level for the zone disappear?? How can I set it to Medium-High & able to change level again? Odly when users log on, their IE 8 Security zone is same as Administrator except for Internet, it's set to Medium-High. They also can not change the levels for the zone..How can I fix it so they change the zone for Internet. -If Enable Protected Mode is set, when browse to Shared folder I get Access Denied (ex: attach a file in Yahoo mail)..If turn off then it work..An idea? Thanks!
September 20th, 2011 12:01am

Thanks for the reply..The ADM is for Windows 2003. Will it work for 2008 R2 ? Currently I have GPO to redirect folder (Desktop, Documents, Favorites, Documents)..After redirection the user in IE8 can't add favorites, nor can they browse to a shared folder, get access denied. The user have Full Control on their folders..If I uncheck Protect Mode off it will work..How can I make it work with Protected Mode on? I try this but didn't work: icacls Favorites\* /SetIntegrityLevel (OI)(CI)LOW Thanks!
September 20th, 2011 2:01am

Hi, Please post a new thread in the explorer forum for further assistant: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/internetexplorer Best Regards, Yan Li
September 20th, 2011 4:43am

Hi, I did a test in my lab, I found that if IE SEC was turned off for both administrator and users, we certainly can change internet security level. But restricted sites level cannot be changed. And as far as I know we all cannot change the Restricted sites security level, it seems like by design. Here is a link descripting the four zones: Change Internet Explorer Security settings http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-Internet-Explorer-Security-settings I would like to confirm that whether all the attaches are denied when access them. And there is an Internet Explorer forum, you also can go to this forum for further assistant: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/internetexplorer Hope it helps. Best Regards, Yan Li
September 20th, 2011 6:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics