Question about ADMT
I have several regarding ADMT and Move mailbox accross forest. Now, we are on testing stage for merger organization. ADMT had been setup successfully and able to migrate user from source domain to target domain. Also, able to move mailbox to target domain. Both domains are using Exchange 2010. Source domain runnning on DC- Windows2003 Server while target domain run on Winows Server 2008. Source domain : contoso.com Target domain : fabrikam.com I move an account 1st then followed by mailbox due to if mailbox move 1st then it will create link mailbox and disabled accout. My Queston: 1. When i use "migrate password" option, after moved an account, that account appear in target domain as ? Require change password at next logon was selected UPN suffix was set to username@fabrikam not username@fabrikam.com Not able to logon to target webmail domain (after migrate usernme and password) using password which set from sourcedomain. Please advice
May 10th, 2010 7:49am

Hi, Regarding " Require change password at next logon was selected", this is by design. Excerpt from ADMT guide: " Using ADMT to migrate user accounts also preserves user passwords. After the user accounts are migrated to and enabled in the target domain, the users can log on to the target domain by using their original passwords. After they log on, the users are prompted to change the password. " Regarding "UPN suffix was set to username@fabrikam not username@fabrikam.com", it seems there is incorrect operation in your migration process, please check. For your reference, also excerpt from the ADMT guide: " The target UPN is generated only for user objects, and only a UPN prefix is generated. A UPN suffix is appended using an algorithm that depends on whether a UPN suffix is defined for the target OU or the target forest. If the object is a computer, the target SAM account name includes a "$" suffix. " Regarding the webmail problem, it seems an Exchange question, it’s suggested to submit a new post in Exchange Forum, Exchange Server http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/exchangeserver/ For your information: Understanding Move Requests http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd298174.aspx Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 13th, 2010 11:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics