Purchased OEM 2008 Server Standard 32-bit thinking it was going to be Server 2008 R2 Standard (obviously 64-bit)
I purchased (special order - read pay up front) an OEM copy of Server 2008 Standard 32-bit from a local parts vendor along with all of the hardware to build a new dev machine. I had to wait a few extra days as the server os was special order. When the DVD arrived, it was a new build (3/23/2010) but the old version of Server 2008 - and 32-bit no less. The vendor will not work with me saying that they cannot return the disc but saying also that Microsoft will work with me to upgrade it. Does anyone know of any recourse I might have? Is there a way for me to exchange this (unopened) software for the install that I thought I was purchasing or am I just out the entire price? I have dealt a lot with this vendor and never thought something like this would happen, but I had an aching feeling I should have gottent he OS from Newegg. does Microsoft offer the opprotunity to exchange or is there even a number I can call to talk to someone about possible options? I have googled my fingers blue and found nothing so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also - if this post would have been better placed in another forum please let me know.
May 19th, 2010 11:12pm

Hello, of course you can just call Microsoft support, but i am sure that they wan't help you as the OEM vendor is responsible and if the offer was for 32bit, well you got exactly what you have bought.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 20th, 2010 2:58pm

Hi, It seems that you got a Windows Server 2008 32bit operating system with the new computer and you want to get a Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. If I misunderstand your concern, please feel free to let me know. If so, you need perform a new purchase of Windows Server 2008 R2. If you want to get a Windows Server 2008 64bit media, I recommend that you contact the vendor for more information, they may give it for free. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
May 21st, 2010 8:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics