Purchased MS SVR 2008 64 bit but need 32 bit, will the license work in both?
The company I work for purchased server 2008 64 buit but needs 32 bit. Can I use the same license number? If not what should I do?
August 11th, 2010 4:21pm

Check with the Microsoft technical support of your country by calling them with a phone. Best regards.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 11th, 2010 4:33pm

Yes, you can use your product key to activate a 32bit installation of Windows Server 2008 R2. Product keys for Windows are language and architecture (x86/x64) independent.
August 11th, 2010 4:49pm

Hi Bobmcm4, I agree with Sander, Windows product key is edition specific not architecture specific. You can use the 64bit key to activate the same 32bit OS edition. If you have trouble activating Windows, you can call activate it manually by phone. 1. With Windows running click Start, then in the Search box type: slui.exe 4 2. Press Enter on your Keyboard 3. Select your Country. 4. Select the Phone Activation option, then call the number given and hold for a real person. If you need any further help, please contact Microsoft Activation Center. Here’re the phone numbers for your reference. http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx Regards, Karen JiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 12th, 2010 6:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics