Public DNS entries for 2 ISP's
I have a question on a setup for our public DNS server. Currently we have a class C public IP range through one ISP. We have bought a second connection with 6 public IP's through a second completely different ISP. Obvously our two public IP ranges are completely different. I want to do a setup so our web server can be accessed through this second link as well as email. My question is if I setup a NAT coming from our second ISP to our current public DNS, can I setup a second reverse DNS lookup zone on my current public DNS to act as a DNS server for our second connection. We are keeping our original domain name. So for our web server I think that I would just have to do the following for DNS to work. Create an A record in our forward lookup zone. That would give us two entries for the one FQDN(www.example.com) each returning a public IP for each seperate ISP. Verify that a PTR entry is in the newly created reverse lookup zone for the new ISP subnet. As well as verify that the new zone is setup properly for NS records and contact the organizations that have slave servers so they can add the new zone. If I don't make any sense please let me know and I'll try to be more (or less) detailed. Thanks in advance! -b
May 2nd, 2011 3:35pm

Hello, the better forum for you is the networking one: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverNIS/threadsBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 3rd, 2011 2:24am

Sorry for the incorrect post. Have a good one!
May 3rd, 2011 7:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics