Provider cannot be found
Hi folks, I have seen a lot of posts on this problem but they have not worked and are rather old - 2006-2008. The problem I am facing is when I try to run a third-party software (that is supposed to connect to Oracle DB) on Windows Server 2008 64bit, it gives this error. But no such problem when running it on a WinXP. I suspect it is either a wrongly installed / configured OraDB client, or insufficient Windows userid privileges. I would really appreciate if someone could share some up-to-date information that could help. Thanx! Shah
January 28th, 2011 3:53am

Hello, did you check with the vendor that the software is working with Windows server 2008? And if it belongs to Oracle this is also the wrong forum.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2011 3:57am

Dear Meinolf, Thanx for your reply. Yes, the vendor has indicated it is supported on WinSvr 2008. Pardon me if I am in the wrong forum - is there another forum for WinSvr 2008? Because the software can be launched on XP, but not on 64bit 2008, and I was wondering whether it had anything to do with UAC. Rgds, Shah
January 28th, 2011 5:33am

Hi Shah, Can you let us know the completed error message? Meanwhile, as the problem is related to Oracle, I suggest you also ask in the Oracle forum or contact their support.
January 28th, 2011 7:28am

Hello Shah, Try using Microsoft Oracle ODBC driver rather than using Oracle. If does not work. Download 64 bit ODBC drivers. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/downloads/index.html You can also post in MSDN forum. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldataaccess/threads
January 29th, 2011 3:03am

try stopping the windows firewall on windows 2008 r2 and see the problem exists.http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
January 29th, 2011 3:26am

Hi Bruce, Database cannot be opened (13521,0,0) Provider cannot be found. It may not be installed properly. Yes, I am raising elsewhere in parallel. I am raising here because it may be a problem specific to Win2008 Svr R2 64bit because I do not face the same problem in WinXP. Rgds, Shah
January 30th, 2011 10:11pm

Thanx MYousufAli, I think this is not applicable cos there is no SQL Server involved here. Correct me if I am wrong. Rgds, Shah
January 30th, 2011 10:12pm

Hi Syed Khairuddin, It is already off. Rgds, Shah
January 30th, 2011 10:14pm

Hi Shah, You can also try to test the issue on a Windows Server 2008 32-bit machine or disable UAC temporarily.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 3rd, 2011 10:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics