Proper way to make bulk changes the Owner ID, Path and file share credentials for my existing subscriptions, ExtensionSettings
We are going through with an upgrade/migration to SSRS 2012 and moving everything to a different domain. We have about 200 active subscriptions running, the reports are being delivered to a file share.  What is the correct way, in bulk, to change the OwnerId, the Path and the FileShare Username password credentials for these subscriptions?  I see these values are being stored in Subscriptions > ExtensionSettings.  I see that the file share path and Owner wouldn't be a problem to change, but since I see the file share credentials are encrypted I would not be able change them directly in ExtensionSettings.  Anyone know the proper way to change the Owner ID, Path and file share credentials for my existing subscriptions without having to change each one of them manually in the report manager?

Note: Reporting Services Native upgrade from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2012.

Thanks in advance.
  • Edited by Cygnus46 18 hours 28 minutes ago
February 18th, 2015 11:27am

Hi Cygnus46,

Based on my understanding, you want to change the Owner ID, Path and file share credentials for all existing subscriptions.

In Reporting Services, the subscription information are stored in the Report Server database. In your scenario, you can go to report server database and run the query to list all the subscriptions, then modify the owner and fileshare paths in the subscriptions table. For more information, please refer to this article: Tip: Change the Owner of SQL Reporting Services Subscription. If you want to change the file share credentials for subscriptions, you can run the query provided by wiperzeus from this similar thread: Windows File Share Delivery/ SSRS 2008 R2.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2015 12:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics