Promoting Windows Server 2012 R2 to Domain Controller

Hello!

I have a domain called "company.com" and I have set my public/router IP "361.250.148.222" on GoDaddy account A (Host) section, and currently Windows server has one NIC with Static IP "192.168.1.100" from same router. Now I am going to add a new forest for "company.com".

My question: do I have to set the same public IP set in DNS zone file of GoDaddy on a another NIC on my server OR same local IP received from router will suffice?!

Thanks!

March 26th, 2015 7:02am

Hi Hamed,

The router should be fine, but you will need then then NAT any inbound traffic aimed at that address to the IP of the internal Server.

If you setup internal DNS, you will need to configure that with a split DNS so that internally your DNS resolves to the internal address and external to the external address. However if GoDaddy is dealing with your external DNS then your internal DNS will only require the internal IP addresses.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2015 10:43am

Hi Michael,

I have a TP-Link TL-R480T+ router. It offers a few NAT options. 

I only have one public IP which is set on router's interface, so I can't use "One to One NAT", unless I get another IP. I have set my internal IP/server IP on "NATP & NAT-DMZ" and a service like FTP is accessible over internet. 

Can you tell me if everything will work fine as well for DC and Exchange server with this configuration or I have to set a "One to One NAT"?

Thanks!

March 27th, 2015 3:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics