Promoted Result Banner Error: This content cannot be displayed in a frame

I created a query rule to promote a result on exact searches of my name among local SharePoint results. The promoted result is configured with the URL to my My Site blog. I have setup My Sites as a separate web application in the farm with a unique domain name. Claims authentication is configured for both the My Sites and user content web applications.  This rule displays correctly in search results (on the term), when configured to display as a hyperlink in the search results. However, if the option "Render the URL as a banner instead of as a hyperlink" is checked, then the promoted results displays as an error in the search results listing:

I can reproduce this error without difficulty, by going back and forth between configuring the promoted result to display as a hyperlink or as a banner.  I thought perhaps this might be due to the HTML Field Security setting, so I enabled the "Permit contributors to insert iFrames from any..." setting.  But the issue persists.  I read the article, IFraming SharePoint-hosted pages in apps, which discussed adding the control <WebPartPages: AllowFraming runat="server" />.  However, it didn't make sense to me that I should have to edit page markup in order to implement an OOTB feature.

Given this experience, is the promoted results feature not able to display as a banner a URL to another domain name?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

March 20th, 2015 6:50pm

Steve - I tried adding this markup, <WebPartPages:AllowFraming runat="server" />, to the blog default page, in between two other <WebPartPage:... blocks.  But when I attempt to view the resultant page, it no longer displays and the "Sorry..." page is displayed instead.  If I then simply delete this markup, and then view it again, other web parts no longer display.  If I undo the checkout and revert back to the original, the page works as expected again.  Is there may be some specific location where I should enter this markup?  The referenced article above did not identify any specific location.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2015 4:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics