Processing without Orchestration.

Hello Experts,

I have a simple Biztalk application where the Biztalk selects data from the oracle database and maps in to a flat file schema and sends it to the Fileshare. I use orchestration for this simple process.

Can this process be achieved without orchestration. I have one receive port using scheduler adapter to run every day. Two send ports one created from the binding file and other one with FILE adapter. I dont know how to setup filter and map in the send ports.

Please advise if this can be done without orchestration, if so how can I do it??

Thanks

February 11th, 2015 6:44pm

Most likely, yes.  Please make sure you understand how it would work, meaning, you should first learn about setting Sent Port Filters and configuring Maps. Otherwise, any advice really won't make much sense.

Here are some basic steps:

1. Configure a Filter on the Oracle Send Port to take message from the Scheduled Task Adapter's Receive Port.  You would use the BTS.ReceivePortName property.
  2. Configure a Filter on the Flat File Send Port to take the response message from the Oracle operation.  You would use the BTS.SPName property.
  3. On the Flat File Send Port, configure the Oracle Response to Flat File Map in the Outbound Maps list.

This is not the only way, but it is the simplest way.

• Marked as answer by vdha Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:38 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2015 7:12pm

Yes you can do this without orchestration

1)Let the recieve port as it is to recieve the scheduled request

2) set a filter condtion in the already created Two way send port 

follow https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee253510(v=bts.10).aspx (instead u use BTS.MessageType="message type of DB request message"

3) If the scheduled req message and DB request has diff message Types you have to have inbound map in the recieve port and message type of tranformed message will be given in the two send port filter condition 

4) Add one more filter condition and  out bound map in the one way FILE send port

here filter condition is again BTS.MessaType="message Type of DB response"

in the outbound map select the map which u have already created to transform DB response message to FF message

follow this https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa559379(v=bts.20).aspx 

5) File send port will place the FF into the desired location mentioned in the properties

hope this helps

But this is not the correct approach as you will not have exception handling mechanism in it.

Thanks

Ismail

• Edited by Ismailmgl Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:20 PM
February 11th, 2015 7:19pm

Thanks Johns,it works great. I was not sure how to set the Filter in the Flat File Send Port.

Just curious does avoiding orchestration for the above scenario will improve in performance. I was going through an article where it mentioned, it is good to avoid using orchestration for everything.

Thanks.

• Edited by vdha Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:46 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2015 7:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics