Process ends when Console session logged off.
Hi,I start a number of processes via Autosys on a windows 2003 server. These processes are interactive and started while NO user is logged into the console on the server.In the event I have to interact with these processes - I log into the console via MSTSC (MSTSC /v:<SERVER NAME> /console)and the windows are all open as normal to allow me to do my work.However, having finished my work - I log out of the console session and one of the processes terminates.Can anyone shed any light on why this is and how I could go about stopping it terminating as I log out.Many thanks in advance.Stewart
April 8th, 2009 7:03pm

Hi, Based on my understanding, if the process was launched by the user, it should be a normal behavior that the process is terminated after the user logs off. In this case, I suggest that you just disconnect the session instead of logging off.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 13th, 2009 1:18pm

hi there,we would need more information regarding the issue a) what are these services ? , are these custom services written by you or are these microsoft services ? when you come out of mstsc where does the service stop ( is it on local pc / remote server ) ?b) microsoft services are not designed to shutdown when they are in automatic state, but if there is intervention by any other service ( mcafee / any other AV ) then they might stop ( this is rarely observed ) c) please do use process monitor and process explorer side by to analyze what is happening during the issue sainath Windows Driver Development
April 14th, 2009 9:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics