Problems with wireless network
Hi, I recently installed the latest version of Windows server and everything went well except me by the wireless connection, I have an adapter ovislink research I-W541USB with drivers for Windows Vista, I get the device as enabled but then not let me connect, to diagnose tells me that the driver is not compatible with the system, can anyone give me a solution? on the website of the supplier did not have the driver for Windows Server 2008 and with the xp not work for me the device.
December 17th, 2008 7:39am

Hi , are you trying to use the vista drivers with windows 2008 ?You have to contact the vendor of the wireless adapter / provider , because the drivers are written by the vendor and they would specify if the driver is used for windows vista or windows 2003.Try browsing for relevant Operating system driver.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 17th, 2008 8:02am

I have contacted the supplier and do not have drivers for Windows Server 2008 for this product.
December 17th, 2008 8:20am

Even when you find a driver, wireless networking is disabled by default in Server 2008.http://www.elmajdal.net/Win2k8/Enabling_Wireless_Networking_In_Windows_Server_2008.aspxBill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 18th, 2008 4:03am

Thank you very much for the report, did not have that feature enabled and that is why I am not acknowledged any connection, now everything is going smoothly.
December 18th, 2008 7:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics