Problems with certificates
Ok, I have just installed a 2008 box on our network, which will be running TS Gateway & TS Web. I am having trouble with certificates.I have just installed hotfixKB922706 on our CA (2003) to enable the 2008 server to access the Certificate Request web site. I have configured the web site to run over SSL as neccesary. I can access the Web Site with no problem.However when I try to request a certificate I only get 2 options in the certificate template drop down box. These are Basic EFSUserThe template I need is Web Server, also I get this occurence from what ever machine I connect to the website from.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
September 4th, 2008 1:21pm

Dean132 said: However when I try to request a certificate I only get 2 options in the certificate template drop down box. These are Basic EFSUserThat suggests that the Certificate Authority you're pointing at only has those two certificate templates published. Given that both templates are for user functions, I'd guess that CA is dedicated to issuing user, not computer, certificates. That is not an uncommon configuration.Confirm how your CA is setup (number of servers and roles), which server you're accessing for templates, and whether the Web Server template is published on that box.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 5th, 2008 12:48am

I believe this question was also asked in one of the NNTP newsgroups.Make sure that you do not have anonymous authentication enabled for the Web site.The list of templates is based on the credential presented to the Web site. If anon is enabled, you are going in as IUSR_servername.Brian
September 7th, 2008 7:59pm

That worked Brian.Many Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2008 12:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics