Problems with Secure FTP on Windows Server 2008 R2
Hello, I'm trying to setup FTP with SSL on Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.0 If I allow non-SSL access, everything is OK. But when I'm changing the server to REQUIRE SSL, then the connection is OK, but the LIST command fails. (protocol see below) I already searched a lot in google but to no avail. I tried with FileZilla and CoreFTP (latest versions). Tried to turn off thefirewall on both sides (client and server). Experimented with Active and Passive mode. I also know there is some problem that client or server might send local IP addresses, but this is not the case. Thanks in advance you for your help ! Georg Scholz Here is the protocol. (Username, Server IP and Client IP have been x'd) Status: Connecting to x.x.x.x:21... Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message... Response: 220 Microsoft FTP Service Command: AUTH TLS Response: 234 AUTH command ok. Expecting TLS Negotiation. Status: Initializing TLS... Status: Verifying certificate... Command: USER xxx Status: TLS/SSL connection established. Response: 331 Password required for xxx. Command: PASS ******** Response: 230-Directory has 36,981,608,448 bytes of disk space available. Response: 230 User logged in. Command: SYST Response: 215 Windows_NT Command: FEAT Response: 211-Extended features supported: Response: LANG EN* Response: UTF8 Response: AUTH TLS;TLS-C;SSL;TLS-P; Response: PBSZ Response: PROT C;P; Response: CCC Response: HOST Response: SIZE Response: MDTM Response: 211 END Command: OPTS UTF8 ON Response: 200 OPTS UTF8 command successful - UTF8 encoding now ON. Command: PBSZ 0 Response: 200 PBSZ command successful. Command: PROT P Response: 200 PROT command successful. Status: Connected Status: Retrieving directory listing... Command: PWD Response: 257 "/" is current directory. Command: TYPE I Response: 200 Type set to I. Command: PORT x,x,x,x,223,211 Response: 200 PORT command successful. Command: LIST Response: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection. Response: 550 Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
November 2nd, 2010 10:04am

Hi, Thank you for your post here. · Response: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection. Response: 550 Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing From the log, it seems that the FTP control connection connects OK but data channel negotiation fails. Where does the those log come from? If it is from Filezilla FTP client, please understand that Some FTP clients require the same SSL certificate to be used for both the control and the data channel. If the certificates don’t match the primary connection will be established but the data transfer connection will be aborted. Please check how it works if you set a valid SSL certificate both at the global and the individual FTP site levels. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webtopics/archive/2009/11/06/configuring-ftp-7-5-with-host-header-and-ssl.aspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2010 10:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics