Problems with NLB settings in Terminal Services 2012

Hi,

We have problems with NLB settings in RDS 2012.

The situation is as follow:

We have 3 terminal servers 2012 (2 session host) and 1 (connection broker)

We have 1 collection and in it are the two session hosts

Each session host has two network cards. two subnets (172.30.Xx and 192.168.x.x) and the session broker with card 1 (192.168.x.x) (Now it's just 1 after doing many tests but before it also had 2 as the host session )

in test situation, when using only one subnet, the collection and the session broker and RoundRobin (without NLB) we have no problems. But it is necessary for us to have 2 subnets and one NLB cluster.

In the subnet 192.168.X.X we configured an NLB cluster ip 192.x.20. The cluster is multicast IGMP. The cluster with some configurations has been unstable but now is not.

Our customers are Thin client. When we are going to connect to the cluster IP (192.168 X.20)

What we see in the logs are all these situations:

1. Sometimes connects to the cluster IP (192.168.x.20). It connects quickly.

2. Sometimes connects to the "real ips" of the host but the 192.168.x.x subnet, NO to the cluster IP. It connects overall good.

3. But sometimes appears in the logs that it connects to another subnet IPS that have nothing to do with the cluster, that is the actual host IP subnet but (172.30.x.x). In this case the system has many delays when connecting.

Even 1 min

Although the thinclient I configure to be connected to 192.168.x.20 (IP of the cluster), it really connects randomly where it wants and how it wants ...

Thank you very much for everything.

August 24th, 2015 9:23am

Hi MsRegina,

To control which IP address of Session Hosts the RD connection broker would redirect remote desktop users to, we can edit this registry key below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\ClusterSettings

SessionDirectoryRedirectionIPs  Reg_Multi_SZ

More information for you:

Configure which IP Win2012 R2 RD Session Host listens on

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b7f50391-f2ea-43a1-9e95-d12dd8f71ec2/configure-which-ip-win2012-r2-rd-session-host-listens-on?forum=winserverTS

Best Regards,

Amy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 10:10am

Hi Amy,

Thanks you for your anwser. I've been looking for that entry in the Windows registry but I have not found exactly the same.

i have SessionDirectoryRedirectionIp not SessionDirectoryRedirectionIps as microsoft article said

and the type is REG_SZ not REG_MULTI_SZ.

I don't know if it is the same key or i must add a new one. what do you think?

Thanks a lot

August 27th, 2015 5:24am

Hi MsRegina,

What you are seeing is normal, the registry key doesn't exist by default, please create it on RD Session Hosts.

Best Regards,

Amy

August 27th, 2015 10:09pm

Hi,

The answer is ok for us. That registry key is magic. I was not able to find a suitable solution to our problem and i was desperate. Thank you very much for everything.

September 1st, 2015 12:51pm

Hi MsRegina,

Glad of being helpful to you!

Please feel free to let us know if there are any further requirements.

Best Regards,

Amy

September 1st, 2015 9:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics