Problems with DFS on Windows XP
Hello Everybody, In our company we use DFS to make it easier for the users to go to the public documents. Only, we have a little problem where we don't know how to work with... I will now explain it. In our Start menu we have several folders to make it easy for a user to go to the documents they use. Only when they open them they go to \\DFS01\docs, this one is from a server who I will call Server01 in my explanation. When they access them, you see in de Explorer on the left side all folders, only it makes another option (server) here. When I click at this new 'server' then I get after a wait of 30 seconds an error that it's not accessible... When I try it as another user (an domain admin) then I get the same error. When I work with a Windows Vista machine, I'll see it as a computer in 'network'. When I open it then, I see all other computers. With Windows XP this is in an other server option... The stuff we use: Windows XP Professional SP3 Windows 2003 server R2 I hope you can help me! Regards, Sonny
January 25th, 2012 9:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics