Problems setting up a network boot
I administer around 500 student PCs and am looking to setup a network boot system to make build a bit easier. I would like to start very simple by simply making imaging disk available from a network boot. The disk in question is a Linux boot disk. So far I have a WIN Server 2003 DHCP server set to issue BOOTP addresses only and a TFTP server (Solarwinds TFTP). The TFTP server has a default directory C:\TFTP-Root. This directory has the contents of the boot disk. How do you then access the files in C:\TFTP-Root by TFTP? The DHCP Server has three settings for the BOOTP Table Boot Image file name: (I assume this is one of the files from the disk) Full server path to the boot image: (I do not know what this should be) TFTP file server: (Is this the IP address of the TFTP server?) The DHCP server does not seem to issue any IP address when a PC attempts to boot from the LAN. It has 10 addresses within our LAN allocated for distribution. A PC has been set to use PXE Boot but fails to find an address at bootup. Does this look like I am on the correct path or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?
November 25th, 2009 6:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics